Search Here!

June 21, 2012

If I Could Be A Superhero, I'd Be Adele

Not only did Adele help you (and me, and everyone we know) through that last break up.... 
Not only has she repurposed plus size as sexy (I owe her personal thanks for that one).... 
Not only does she sing like an angel with an attitude....
But NOW Adele is also a Superhero. 


That might be slightly exaggerated. At the very least she is the catalyst of a recent medical miracle. Did you hear about this?  A 7 year old British girl was in a coma after suffering a rare brain hemorrhage. Her mother curled up beside her in the bed and Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" came on the radio. The mom started singing and before long, the little girl was smiling. Now she's back in school and dance class. What the what!
It looks like she's an Angel, but this is really her Superhero cape...a nice soft sweater.
If this doesn't give Adele Superhero status, can we at least verb her name? 
Adele: 
Definition: To wake from a coma upon hearing Adele's music. 
Example Sentences:
"We were so glad she Adeled! It was really a miracle."
"The doctors said that short of Adeling, there was really no chance he would wake from the coma."
"The family gathered around and prayed for their mother to Adele."
"The people in rehab tried to Adele Lindsay Lohan out of her craziness."
(It's worth a try...)


So it needs a little refining, but if this kind of thing happens again, you mark my words, Adele is gonna verb. (And in a positive way, not the Urban Dictionary snarky way that pokes fun at her weight and her tendency to sing about fruitless behaviors.)


So maybe it's a coincidence, but you can bank on this: If one of my loved ones is EVER in a coma, I WILL bust out the Adele music so fast and sing at the top of my lungs with all the passion I can muster, "YOU HAVE MY HEART AND SOOOUUUL IN YOUR HANDS...." 


Cause you just never know...
My other super power is that I can burn rain.

6 comments:

  1. I 100% support Adele becoming a verb.

    I want a fluffy sweater cape. Badly. But not badly enough to knit my own. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great now I want an Adele Superhero knitted cape!

      Delete
  2. I love that nouns can become verbs-- Ex. When I was in New York last week I was walking down the sidewalk, minding my own business when a bus drove by and hit a puddle and splashed it all over me... seriously, head to toe in NYC street sludge water. I got "New Yorked". It was very gross, but I enjoyed getting to say that I got New Yorked.

    And, I love your blog. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love it when nouns, especially proper ones, become verbs. I think it's fair enough based on your NYC story that China should FOR SURE be a verb.

      Thanks about the blog!

      Delete
  3. I love Adele. She is one of the greatest voices of our time. Verbing her name, however, I'll let you take the reins on that one. Teach it to your students. The Chinese learn everything faster than us anyway... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, have you watched her live concerts? You should, she makes it look so easy. Amazing. It would be pretty awesome to start a viral trend from China to verb Adele...hmmm...

      Delete